A visually attractive, contemporary and optimized website can get you leads and promote your business’s growth. Nevertheless, this doesn’t guarantee you anything. What you need is to drive qualified buyers to visit your site. This is where a targeted SEO strategy becomes a necessity. Among the great benefits of an effective SEO strategy are a high rank in search results, more visibility and more chances of buyers coming to your site. For this approach to prove effective, you have to incorporate both onsite and offsite SEO elements.
Onsite SEO, also called on-page SEO that encompasses that optimization of a website’s content. Its ranking factors are the following:
- Keywords refer to the search terms you are trying to rank for. Make sure to place them throughout your site and include them strategically into other elements that follow. Take note, however, that you should not go overboard with using them. Whether you are aware of it or not, keyword stuffing has the potential to damage your site’s visibility.
- Content is perhaps the main key player in your on-page SEO strategy. After all, relevant content is the topmost reason people go to your site. Thus, it is imperative to offer not just relevant, but also informative and engaging content.
- Site URL is often times neglected by many people. Unbeknownst to them, URL structuring can extremely affect their SEO results. Structure URLs in a manner that search engines will find it easy to crawl your site. Also, if you include relevant keywords, then the better.
- Meta Description is like a snippet of information that you can see under your page’s title in search results. Edit this information using HubSpot, WordPress, or other site publishing tools.
- Titles and Title Tags are also huge players in your SEO efforts so don’t forget to incorporate your top keywords into them whenever possible. Keyword placement should be natural and should make sense.
- Headings are very valuable in the eyes of search engines compare to the other texts in your site. You should use the proper heading tags—e.g., H1, H2, H3—and include some keywords as well.
Offsite SEO centers on leveraging other websites and places across the internet to boost search ranking position, unlike onsite where it focuses on improving your site’s quality. Its top three ranking factors are as follows:
- Backlinks are the foundation of offsite SEO which refers to the links to your site from other sites. In this case, it is best to have backlinks from high-quality and domain authority sites so you can improve the value of your site. One of the easiest and most effective ways to acquire backlinks is to create content that will compel readers to share. Other ways can also include guest blog submissions to trusted industry websites or business listings on famous and reputable industry platforms and websites.
- Videos, when leveraged on properly could seriously boost your SEO. YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the web, with Google being the first. Don’t let this golden opportunity pass and create a YouTube channel dedicated to your business. In there, you can post engaging videos and place your site’s URL on the description section.
Social media doesn’t magically skyrocket your search rankings by just promoting your content on your social media accounts. However, once your content is spotted and shared by the right influencers, then that is when things will get exciting for you.